Lesson packages are valid for 2 months from the purchase date.
Swim Lessons will be scheduled with the participant based on their availability, instructor availability, and pool availability.
Private and semi-private lesson packages and all make-up lessons must be completed within the following preset time period from the date of purchase: 8 weeks for a six (6) lesson package.
After the preset 2 month time period, any unused lessons will expire without refund or re-schedule.
Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance to receive a make-up lesson.
Cancellations must be made by contacting the Gloucester County YMCA by phone (856-845-0720) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Allow at least 3 business days for a lesson to be officially rescheduled with our Aquatics Department.
Cancellations (for any reason) with less than 24 hours’ notice will not be rescheduled – lesson will be forfeited.
If a student does not show up to a scheduled lesson without prior required notification, the lesson will be forfeited.
Instructors will only wait 10 minutes for late arrivals. After 10 minutes, the lesson will be determined a “no show” and will be forfeited.
Partial credits/refunds for unredeemed lessons in a package will only be credited if a Doctor’s note, verifying dates unable to attend, accompanies the credit/refund request.
YMCA OF GLOUCESTER COUNTY
POOL RULES (UPDATED 10/2019)
PARENTS AND GUARDIANS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPERVISING THEIR CHILDREN
The Aquatic Manager or lifeguards on duty have the authority to enforce these rules and regulations and may remove or suspend any member/guest who violates these rules and regulations.
NO ONE MAY SWIM UNLESS THERE IS A LIFEGUARD ON DUTY.
– Only full members have access to the pool during open and lap swimming.
– Any person showing evidence of skin disease, any discharge, communicable disease, open wounds shall be refused admission. Remove band aids before swimming.
– Do not enter the water if you are experiencing or recovering from diarrhea or have had any signs or symptoms of a gastrointestinal (stomach) disease in the past seven (7) days.
– Persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall be refused admission.
– All children who require wearing a diaper must wear a “swimming” diaper in the pool.
-All persons must take a soap shower AT THE YMCA prior to entering the water (NJ State Law).
-Shoulder length hair and longer must be tied back or wear a bathing cap.
-Deep end swimming is limited to those who have passed the Deep End Swim Test. The band test is administered by the lifeguard on duty (per Band Test Rules). Upon passing the test, the swimmers name will be documented in the Band Test Log Book. Members will be refused deep end swimming without successfully passing the band test.
* Any child 14 and under must pass a swim test to swim un-assisted from parents and or guardians in both ends of the pool.
* Non swimmers up to 14 year olds who do not pass our swim test must swim in the shallow end only and have an adult in the water while they swim. Non-swimmers are not permitted in the deep end regardless of age or equipment used.
Children must be in arms reach of the adult and no more than 2 swimmers per adult.
– No food, drink or gum in the pool area. No glass containers in the pool area.
– No Street shoes on the pool deck.
– Running is not permitted on the pool deck.
– No hanging on buoy float line or lane lines.
– No diving in shallow end of the pool. Diving is allowed in the 10 foot section only.
– No spins, flips or back dives. Starting blocks are for Swim Team/Supervised YMCA lessons only.
– Toys and inflatable equipment are not allowed in the pool (water wings, tubes, floats, “swimmies”, etc.) at any time. U.S. Coast Guard floatation devices (PFD) are approved, but the lifeguard may ask to see the symbol on the piece of equipment. Use of the YMCA lifejackets is encouraged.
– Noodles and float packs are not to be used as life saving devices.
– Lap swimmers are to swim continuously within the lap lanes only. Adult Lap is for 16 years and older.
– Specialized equipment, such as kickboards, fins, or paddles, are only permitted for lap swimmers only. No fins in open swim.
– Only YMCA staff is authorized to teach swimming and or water aerobics classes. No activity for private gain is permitted at any time in the pool area.
– No extended underwater breath holding or hyperventilating before underwater swimming.
– Socializing with or distracting the lifeguards is prohibited.
– No photographs and/or video recording (camera or phone) of any kind are permitted in the pool area
– Equipment marked “For Adults Only”, such as float belts, are for adults only.
The Gloucester County YMCA is committed to protecting the children we serve. While we cannot eliminate all threats, we want to do what we can to ensure that the children in our care are safe. When entering the Y all members, participants and guests must have a valid picture ID which will be scanned through a national child abuse database. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access. We appreciate your cooperation.