DID YOU KNOW THAT NEARLY HALF (46%) OF ADULTS HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE IN THIS COUNTRY?
High blood pressure is a risk factor for both heart disease and stroke – two of
the leading causes of death.
Take the next steps to a healthier you and join one of our classes!
BLOOD PRESSURE CUFF PROVIDED
Get a blood pressure cuff when you join this four-month program to help you
lower and manage your blood pressure.
With support from a trained Healthy Heart Ambassador, you will:
• Learn how to properly take your blood pressure
• Receive, one on one coaching via one-on-one coaching consultations, up to two times per month
• Participate in monthly Nutrition Education Seminars
• Reduction in blood pressure
• Better blood pressure management
• Increased awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
• Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
• 4 month Gloucester County Y membership
To participate in the program, you must:
• Be at least 18 years old
• Be diagnosed with high blood pressure
• Not have experienced a recent cardiac event
• Not have atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias
• Not be at risk for lymphedema
Love your heart and your heart will love you back!
Find out if you qualify for the Blood Pressure Management Program!
Contact: Megan Z.
Registration is ongoing and you can join the program at anytime.
Fee: $0 (membership included for the full 4 months, blood pressure cuff and log book included)
One on One Coaching: Based on clients availability during allotted times set with Healthy Heart Ambassador
Nutrition Classes: TBA
Classes held both virtually and in-person
Did you know that roughly 37% of U.S. adults have prediabetes and few are aware they are at high risk for developing type 2 diabetes?
The YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program helps those at high risk for developing type 2 diabetes adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles to reduce their chances of developing the disease.
With Support from a trained Lifestyle Coach that will encourage, coach, and motivate you will achieve the following:
1. Learn About Healthier Eating
2. Increase Physical Activity
3. Receive, one on one coaching via one-on-one coaching consultations, up to two times per month
4. Participate in Weekly Nutrition Education Seminars
PROGRAM DURATION: 12-months
1. Lower your Risk of having a heart attack
2. Lower your Risk of having a stroke
3. Improve your health
4. Help you feel more energetic
5. Reverse your prediabetes diagnosis.
6. Free 4 month Gloucester County Y membership
To participate in the program, you must: 1. Be at least 18 years old 2. Not Currently Pregnant 3. Not have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
The Gloucester County YMCA is committed to protecting the children we serve. While we cannot eliminate all threats, we want to do what we can to ensure that the children in our care are safe. When entering the Y all members, participants and guests must have a valid picture ID which will be scanned through a national child abuse database. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access. We appreciate your cooperation.