Dear valued members,
We have been closely monitoring the rise in COVID-19 cases locally, throughout Gloucester County, and the State of New Jersey. To best protect the health and safety of our members, staff, and the local community, we are closing our facility temporarily to members as of Saturday, December 12, 2020.
Please know that we value you as a member and appreciate your patience during this time. A re-opening date has not been established, but we will continue to monitor data regarding positive cases, the vaccine distribution timeline for the State of New Jersey, and other relevant factors. In addition to the safety concerns referenced above, the pandemic has caused membership to operate at a loss due to usage restrictions, and a general downturn in membership. The facility will re-open when it is safe to do so, and when we can operate at traditional capacity levels to serve the full community. We will communicate the decision with you as soon as the information becomes available.
In the meantime, below please find some important answers to questions you may have:
Membership drafting will be suspended while the facility is closed;
Funds pre-paid but not used for the month of December will be credited for when the facility re-opens;
Silver Sneaker participants will receive a credit added to their membership unit for classes not provided in December; and
The before and after-school program in South Harrison will continue to operate, and we are still accepting new participants.
This decision has not been easy, but ultimately, we must put the health and well-being of our members, staff and community first. We look forward to when we can re-open our doors and welcome our members back to our facility.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Yours in health,
YMCA of Gloucester County Staff
When you’re a member at the Y…
- You’re a part of a not-for-profit organization with a vision of Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
- You can improve yourself through high-quality activities and programs that focus on you as a total person – in spirit, mind and body
- You’re surrounded by members who care more about values like honesty and respect not what you’re wearing or what you look like
- You’re a member of a community that welcomes and embraces people of all abilities, incomes, races, and religions
- You belong to an organization that provides financial assistance to those in need, because we believe fitness should be affordable to everyone
- You know that the programs and services are offered as a way to fulfill the YMCA mission – not as a way to create corporate profits
- You’re encouraged to put the Y mission into action by sharing time and talents as a volunteer or donor
- You have fun!